Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Reflections of a working mom :-)

I am amazed at people who are experts in dealing children. I almost shudder at the thought of having to manage both Varsha and Srinidhi during weekends nowadays. They make me mad. I keep complaining to Bharath that I don't get a personal space anymore. They have become very fussy recently, especially with the sibling rivalry creeping into Srinidhi whenever I sweet-talk with Varsha. She does all things to grab mine and Bharath's attention. Both have problems in sharing toys, watching TV, playing with appa, amma...
Making Srinidhi eat is one of the tasks I fear even thinking. She is such a poor eater and hardly has any appetite.
I have made up my mind many times in the past not to complain about upbringing children, but I fail mostly. Parenting is not easy I conclude, whenever I get tired after lecturing Srinidhi the Do's and Don'ts and she hardly listens to any of them. A shade of guilt and self-pity envelops me when I think I am not spending more time with my kids. It is a delight watching Srini and Varsha playing together though, but really unbearable when they shriek with the highest pitch fighting for something. Bharath pretends to be hilarious at times, saying "Guys let me disappear from here, be at onsite for the next few years until the children are groomed well. Too much of noise pollution". And I would add, " I too feel the same :-)". Thanks to amma again, for sparing us from all these thoughts during week days, being all in all for Varsha and Srini. She is the shock absorber, pillar of the family and everything else I would be grateful of.

No comments:

Post a Comment